[xmlsec] request/complaint -- new error reporting feature

Moultrie, Ferrell (ISSAtlanta) FMoultrie@iss.net
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:25:34 -0400

Aleksey:
  Ok .. I'm trying to use the new xmlsec error reporting feature.
There's one thing that was apparently overlooked -- I can only register
one global static function and there's no context reported to that
function (only file, line, func, reason, and msg -- none of which I
control). So, when my callback function gets control, it has no way to
know which document the error relates to (I have multiple documents open
for verification operations concurrently).=20
  The libxml2 error function registration while not giving me nearly as
much/nice information as yours does -- at least allows me to register a
(void*) context pointer which I can use to figure out the document
context to which the call applies.=20
  Have I missed something obvious (again!) or was this an oversight? Any
thoughts about fixing/improving it if so? Passing a context pointer on
the xmlSecErrorsSetCallback() method and then supplying it as a new
parameter to the callback function would be a quite sufficient solution,
IMO.
Thanks!
  Ferrell

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Ferrell Moultrie (ferrell@iss.net)
Software Engineer

Internet Security Systems, Inc.
6303 Barfield Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30328
Phone:  404-236-2600
Direct: 404-236-2849
Fax:    404-236-2632
http://www.iss.net

Internet Security Systems -- The Power to Protect
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D